Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Quick baking tip: too-dark pie crust blanket

I'm just certain everyone else in the universe knows about this (but I'll post it just in case), but July 4 was the first time this issue came up for me.

The edges of my mulberry pie were getting really dark but the center wasn't done yet! I pondered this situation for awhile and then - either out of divine inspiration or maybe I read about this somewhere some time - I put aluminum foil all around the edges of the pie.

Then I continued baking it as long as was needed and the edges did not get any darker.

I love aluminum foil!

Here's the finished product A little dark, but not burned and tasted great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts