Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Quick baking tip: too-dark pie crust blanket
The edges of my mulberry pie were getting really dark but the center wasn't done yet! I pondered this situation for awhile and then - either out of divine inspiration or maybe I read about this somewhere some time - I put aluminum foil all around the edges of the pie.
Then I continued baking it as long as was needed and the edges did not get any darker.
I love aluminum foil!
Here's the finished product A little dark, but not burned and tasted great.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Our raging river and hearty okra
- KS flood photos: the river broke free!
- Guest posting: What gardens teach kids
- The wonder of Colorado's natural beauty
- KS weather keeps you on your toes
- Homemade pizza: easy, cheap & gourmet!
- Easy stewed Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers and Okra
- Snoopy's wise words: Be yourself
- Cicada music and firefly light show
- What is your kid's currency?
- Sweet things Brady says... about Mom's love...
- Encouragement parenting and the spirited child
- Guest posting: 70 ways to get outdoors
- Having grace when your feelings are hurt
- Doubled reading goal = 1st Chuck E. Cheese trip!
- Homemade ice cream in a bag in 5 minutes!
- Easy crockpot chicken and rice
- On my way learning to hunt
- A double nomination? I'm a lucky girl!
- 100+ degrees? Put the pool & sprinkler in shade
- Pen pals: A lost tradition?
- Kid confidence builder: our drawing work
- Small town scare: Escaped prisoner in town?
- Wisdom from my Mom: Begging? Tell kids what YOU wa...
- Quick baking tip: too-dark pie crust blanket
- Preserving family memories: our rock jars
- Problem solving: the case of the spilled milk
- Small-town 4th of July
- Co-schooling: We can help educate our kids
- Wisdom from my Mom: teach it all by age 15
- Bossy or sassy? Let's have a do-over and rephrase
- Roasted salmon with smoked paprika
- Harvest excitement: where your bread comes from!
- Food allergies: be diligent! He almost had egg!
- ▼ July (34)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...