I'm so excited about spring, but I can't help thinking about fall and here's why.
Oh my gosh, fall brings gallons and gallons of glorious mulberries! Brady and I collect them ourselves from all over town.
And after that, the apples are ripe and we harvest bags and bags full and make pies and muffins and applesauce and everything! Sometimes pears and peaches too if we have friends with fruit trees.
And then all the squash comes ready and we'll have some from our garden but we often get them from friends and family and neighbors too and either stuff them or baste them in butter and honey and bake. More wonderful food.
And then there's dove season and turkey season and we make such wonderful, high-quality protein food for our bodies.
And, and, and... we'll be SO hot from summer and the break in temperature will be such a treat, just as this warm trend is a treat from the winter. And even summer is great because the pools will be open! Yay! Swimming! And school is out! Yay! Oh and then winter comes again and we can sled and look for deer tracks and there will be no poison ivy and ticks and mosquitoes.
My goodness, every seasons is just full of joy, isn't it? Guess I can't wait for tomorrow and then next tomorrow, and God willing, thousands of tomorrows to come each with their unique blessing. Here are a few photos of what I can't wait for when fall comes around:
- Postpartum depression is lonely, more in small tow...
- Behavior booster: The Behavior Notebook
- Aldi can save money on healthy foods!
- It's almost Invention Party time!
- 401st post! What do kids see through our eyes?
- Funny things Brady says ... about termites...
- Sometimes it seems I just can't win....
- My child led me to God
- Parents judging parents is hurtful, not helpful
- Funny things Brady says... slaving away
- Funny things Brady says ... winter hanging on
- Modern parents are stressed out
- I'm happy and lucky to be a soccer mom!
- Kids do well more often than we think
- For kids with anxieties: worry bullies
- 16 ways to keep marriage sparkly and shiny
- Food allergies: Egg-free cooking, baking, recipes
- Another edition of Whatever-You-Have Soup
- The quiet beauty of Kansas - ice pictures
- Weight loss: 15 tips & tricks I'm using right now!...
- Different learning styles, why not behavior styles...
- Sharing testimony of God with your kids
- When a child struggles, don't give up!
- 6 dinner ideas for food allergies, sensory issues
- Help for ADHD: a team with 4 parts
- Barefoot Books: cool cultural books for kids!
- How forgiveness changed my life, literally
- Ice storm! Winter just won't give up!
- Community theater: great family fun!
- Exploring outdoors: what's in your neighborhood?
- Try Something New Thursday: dried cranberries
- Brady's commercial for toothpaste
- Sports: a good learning tool for parent and kid
- More new additions to the prize store
- Working hard at home = success at school!
- You know you're in the Midwest... 20 degree drop.....
- You know you're in a small town... lost jacket...
- If touched by ADHD, you MUST see this blog!
- Another blogger's post on strengthening marriage
- Bible verses: they blamed alcohol back then too!
- It's spring, but I can't wait for fall!
- If you try as a parent, you do better than you thi...
- Why I think kindess should start with bugs!
- You know you're in the Midwest when... giant snowf...
- As a parent, I find ideas when I hit bottom
- The deer heart & understanding food
- Off the sustenance grid, we like wild food
- Good deals at Dillons this week - through April 9
- Do You Know Me? Finding Community in a Big City
- 11 ideas on planning, cooking for food allergies
- Sometimes making life "easier" makes it harder
- Practicing gratitude is like building a muscle
- Finding a church that fits - big, small or in betw...
- Insightful things Brady says... about nature...
- No Screen Sat: soccer, old bridge, treats
- Books to address behavior issues in kids
- 8 reasons why I don't text
- Labeling kids: The mouth speaks what the heart is ...
- Making old posts new again...
- Changed comment settings back...
- Inaugural post: Where I am now
- ▼ April (61)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...