Monday, April 29, 2013
Aldi can save money on healthy foods!
But to the left is why it's my favorite.
For a total with tax of $15, I got two 20-ounce loaves of 100% whole wheat bread, a dozen large eggs, a gallon of 2% milk, two 1-pound packages of strawberries, 3 pounds of apples, 6 kiwis and a sleeve of 50-calorie-a-piece caramel corn rice cakes (which, BONUS, Brady loves!).
They have such good prices on whole healthful foods like these. At Walmart, I'd estimate paying close to $20, maybe more after tax. These are all things I buy a lot of and the prices at Aldi are significantly lower than Walmart.
Unfortunately the closest one to me is half an hour away (in Florida we had a store called Sav-A-Lot which was very similar), so I have to make do with Walmart most of the time, but whenever I can I stock up at Aldi.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Postpartum depression is lonely, more in small towns
- Behavior booster: The Behavior Notebook
- Aldi can save money on healthy foods!
- It's almost Invention Party time!
- 401st post! What do kids see through our eyes?
- Funny things Brady says ... about termites...
- Sometimes it seems I just can't win....
- My child led me to God
- Parents judging parents is hurtful, not helpful
- Funny things Brady says... slaving away
- Funny things Brady says ... winter hanging on
- Modern parents are stressed out
- I'm happy and lucky to be a soccer mom!
- Kids do well more often than we think
- For kids with anxieties: worry bullies
- 16 ways to keep marriage sparkly and shiny
- Food allergies: Egg-free cooking, baking, recipes
- Another edition of Whatever-You-Have Soup
- The quiet beauty of Kansas - ice pictures
- Weight loss: 15 tips & tricks I'm using right now!
- Different learning styles, why not behavior styles...
- Sharing testimony of God with your kids
- When a child struggles, don't give up!
- 6 dinner ideas for food allergies, sensory issues
- Help for ADHD: a team with 4 parts
- Barefoot Books: cool cultural books for kids!
- How forgiveness changed my life, literally
- Ice storm! Winter just won't give up!
- Community theater: great family fun!
- Exploring outdoors: what's in your neighborhood?
- Try Something New Thursday: dried cranberries
- Brady's commercial for toothpaste
- Sports: a good learning tool for parent and kid
- More new additions to the prize store
- Working hard at home = success at school!
- You know you're in the Midwest... 20 degree drop...
- You know you're in a small town... lost jacket...
- If touched by ADHD, you MUST see this blog!
- Another blogger's post on strengthening marriage
- Bible verses: they blamed alcohol back then too!
- It's spring, but I can't wait for fall!
- If you try as a parent, you do better than you thi...
- Why I think kindess should start with bugs!
- You know you're in the Midwest when... giant snowf...
- As a parent, I find ideas when I hit bottom
- The deer heart & understanding food
- Off the sustenance grid, we like wild food
- Good deals at Dillons this week - through April 9
- Do You Know Me? Finding Community in a Big City
- 11 ideas on planning, cooking for food allergies
- Sometimes making life "easier" makes it harder
- Practicing gratitude is like building a muscle
- Finding a church that fits - big, small or in between
- Insightful things Brady says... about nature...
- No Screen Sat: soccer, old bridge, treats
- Books to address behavior issues in kids
- 8 reasons why I don't text
- Labeling kids: The mouth speaks what the heart is ...
- Making old posts new again...
- Changed comment settings back...
- Inaugural post: Where I am now
- ▼ April (61)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...