Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hold hands while arguing

I read this in a magazine once, that when you are in the midst of an argument with your spouse, hold their hand. It makes it so much harder to hold onto harsh anger. It makes it easier to talk rationally and work things out and remember how you feel about this person, that your in this together and a team. My husband and I have used it and when we remember to, it really does work.

I also try to remember this with Brady. When I'm angry with him, when he's testing every shred of my patience, I try to remember to take his hand, tell him I love him, and then try and deal with the situation. It helps keep me connected to him and to the goal of a parent: to teach.

I think it is a fantastic technique, WHEN I remember it, LOL! In the heat of the moment, it's hard to remember, but it is well worth trying to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts