Here are the things I learned:
- I spend a fair bit on Brady-related things. I knew that, but it was maybe a bit more than I thought. In this two-week time it was stuff for his prize store, snacks when we had to make after-school trips into a larger town 20 or 30 mins away, a DS game he earned through good behavior, and the trip to pumpkin patch and corn maze.
- I spend a lot on extra groceries. I try and stick to a base grocery budget of $60 per week. But in between I use my cash to buy extra stuff on sale or that we want.
- I like to buy a protein bar in the afternoons on the way home from work. This is how I avoid my afternoon slump and sugar craving!
- Some goes to church every Sunday, not enough probably, but some at least.
- A car wash cost me $3.25!
- I am happy to report I have started buying Christmas presents early to avoid the crunch/stress/rush. I bought 3 for hubby already.
If I'm going to continue with the protein bar kick, I probably better buy them in a larger amount at the grocery store rather than at Casey's every day where they are nearly $2! Yikes! And I need to focus more on the Dollar Tree for Brady's prize store items.
I really like keeping a record of this and will keep doing it.
How about you? Did you keep or have you kept a record of spending, and what did you learn?