There's a wonderful phenomenon among bloggers. We're pseudo strangers, have never met "in real life," yet we do little things to lift each other up in support.
We give advice and answer questions on technical and content issues. We share each other's posts on Facebook and Pinterest. We collaborate on blog hops, link ups and giveaways. We interact daily and help motivate each other.
Well, as a blessed recipient of Blogger World Generosity, I get to report three additional award nominations. Bloggy awards are so fun. The recipient links back to the person who nominated them, tells a little about themselves and then points to other blogs they like.
That's my task today!
The first is The Liebster Award (I wonder who Liebster was?).
This one was kindly given by Michelle at The Paper Vine. Michelle's blog is a wonderfully crafty place where you can learn so much about digital scrap booking. She even offers a class on it as well as free downloads. I am truly in awe of her creative abilities. Go check it out!
Thanks so much for this nomination, Michelle!
The next is The Sunshine Award, received by both Stephanie at Bee Tree Studios and Regina At the Lake. I'm humbled these two cool ladies sent the love my way. Thank you both. (And just this week another wonderful blogger friend, Growing Up Madison, added another Sunshine nomination! But I'll do hers separate post a bit later.)
blog is also very creative. Reading what she writes (as well as Michelle
above) really makes me want to find time to do scrap booking. She has amazing
ideas and beautiful layouts. Please take a moment to see what I mean. You won't regret it.
And Regina just opened an Etsy store for her handmade jewelry and scarves. She creates the most beautiful things. She
also blogs about weddings and homemaking and family. I have learned a lot from
reading her posts.
For both, the rules are:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you (my nominees, you can just answer the same ones!)
4. List bloggers (one says list 10, the other 11) that you believe deserve some recognition and a
little blogging love, usually newer or up-and-coming blogs.
5. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated.
I'll put the nominees first, some for one award, some for the other, because I think that's most important :)
I only chose a few since I had nominated several before here and here, and because I know a lot of the blogs I follow have been nominated by other people. So I am nominating blogs I have recently come to know. All of these blogs are fun and fresh and offer something unique.
1. Joyful Thrifty Home
2. Flourishing At Home
3. Mom Body Revolution
4. Aimed at the Heart
1. Kneaded Creations
2. Blessed Learners
3. Rochelle Barlow
4. The Cooking Challenged
1. What’s your favorite meal of the day — breakfast, lunch or dinner? All of them! I get hungry A LOT, really hungry. Hubby comments on it, even, so I need them all.
2. What’s your favorite fruit? Blackberries, I see them as a treat.
3. When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up? A poet :)
4. What quality do you find most attractive in others? Upfront, straightforward honesty.
5. What’s your favorite sport? Soccer cuz my kiddo likes it.
6. Gold or silver? Silver!
7. What’s your favorite candy? A Zero candy bar and/or peanut butter M&Ms.
8. What’s your favorite online shopping website? Amazon, hands down fav.
9. What’s your pet peeve? When people leave shopping carts in the middle of parking spaces. ERGH.
10. Winter, spring, summer or fall? Too tough, but probably spring because I get to plant, although fall is great because I get to harvest :)
11. How many pairs of shoes do you have? Oh a good 12, it's Kansas so you have to have sandals for summer, boots for all kinds of winter weather, tennies for bike riding and walking and playing soccer, a few dressies and a few middle of the road for spring and fall.
11 random facts:
1. I can make an origami bird that flaps its wings in under a minute.
2. If I ever went back to school I'd want to work with children or computers.
3. I don't want to ever go back to school as I've been to four colleges in my life. That's enough!
4. Kohl's is my favorite in-store shopping place. They have the BEST deals.
5. Chips and salsa are my favorite foods.
6. I talk to my mom several times a day most days.
7. My mom reads my blog. Hi mom! (I'm just checking to see if she's paying attention.)
8. I love "Triple D" also known as Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Super awesome show, usually lulls me to sleep.
9. I remember the moment I began to worry about the environment, the actual moment. I was fishing with my then-fiance (later ex-fiance and now husband, very confusing) about 22 years ago. We were at the spillway of a lake and I saw trash floating by and it made me sick to my stomach. I never littered again.
10. I have a strict no littering rule with my kid too! I think a person should take care of their own mess.
11. I think dolphins are as smart as people :) Seriously, have you ever read the stories of what they can do? They also are one of the few species to recognize themselves in a mirror. Check it out. They're amazing. Here's a cool CNN video too. Side note: It is my super pet peeve if someone says a dolphin is a fish. I randomly ask Brady: "What's a dolphin?" To which he hollers back: "A mammal!"
- ► 2017 (53)
- Guest posting: A financial fresh start
- Bloggers are a supportive group! Thank you!
- When a bright spirit touches you
- Breaded prairie chicken (or chicken breast) & grav...
- Small Town Tuesday: Fundraiser panic
- Flower to fabulous, and why I love wasps
- A day spent on the farm
- Why my picky eater eats veggies
- 2 ways to use fresh pumpkin
- Small Town Tuesday: Country cook-out
- Parents as Teachers: A learning play group
- Funny things Brady says... Pizza Pizza
- How a kid's passion can fuel education
- Success! Egg-free pumpkin pie
- When natures trusts you
- Rice krispie treats & free book? Double score!
- Small-town Tuesday: Afternoon bike ride
- How strangers see special needs kids
- Funny things Brady does ... sneaking Star Wars
- Try something new Thursday: butternut squash
- Frugal tip: watch for super berry sales
- A marriage: Then and now
- Lessons from church: JC is our ID
- Check out great recipes at link-up
- Summer blueberry crisp
- ▼ September (25)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...