So, Star Wars has captured Brady's imagination more than anything I can remember for a long time, maybe ever.
I have mentioned previously that drawing is not Brady's favorite thing. But he drew this during church. It is the scene when the Emperor is shooting lightning at Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader turns to the good side right in that moment and saves him.
Wow, maybe that's a good thought for church. I like that he is showing emotion in the faces and even wrote a word!
in sentences. It is motivating him to do these things he's not crazy over.
He told me this the other night after taking a LOOONNNGGGG time to brush his teeth:
"I'm sorry. I got distracted and was pretending that the toothbrush was C3PO and the lid to the toothpaste was R2D2."
And here he is with a Giant Lego Star Destroyer he made chasing a Mini Lego Millennium Falcon. The top part of the destroyer is the command deck!
Next up in this saga: I'm going to order those old Star Wars books I used to read and we'll read them together. If he sees that there are exciting things to read in the world, he just may change his opinion about it.
What inspires your children? What passions do they have that could fuel their education and learning?
- ► 2017 (50)
- Guest posting: A financial fresh start
- Bloggers are a supportive group! Thank you!
- When a bright spirit touches you
- Breaded prairie chicken (or chicken breast) & grav...
- Small Town Tuesday: Fundraiser panic
- Flower to fabulous, and why I love wasps
- A day spent on the farm
- Why my picky eater eats veggies
- 2 ways to use fresh pumpkin
- Small Town Tuesday: Country cook-out
- Parents as Teachers: A learning play group
- Funny things Brady says... Pizza Pizza
- How a kid's passion can fuel education
- Success! Egg-free pumpkin pie
- When natures trusts you
- Rice krispie treats & free book? Double score!
- Small-town Tuesday: Afternoon bike ride
- How strangers see special needs kids
- Funny things Brady does ... sneaking Star Wars
- Try something new Thursday: butternut squash
- Frugal tip: watch for super berry sales
- A marriage: Then and now
- Lessons from church: JC is our ID
- Check out great recipes at link-up
- Summer blueberry crisp
- ▼ September (25)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...