We're all busy these days, right? Who couldn't use a time saver now and again? Like tonight, for example. I'll get Brady at 5, get home, quick dinner, then off to his Christmas program at 6:30.
On nights like these, I like to fall back on a wonderful idea my Mom gave me. Now, I usually keep some pop-in-the-microwave frozen meals around for hubby and I, but that won't work for Brady. It either has egg or is something he absolutely won't touch.
Fortunately, my Mom keeps me supplied with frozen egg-free pancakes and frozen egg-free turkey meatballs. They are Brady's favorite. Just pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and they're perfect! I also will use these for his lunch. Take them out the night before and leave them in the frig overnight, then put an ice pack in with the meatballs and it is a nice, easy, healthy lunch.
Whatever your kids' favorite easy foods are, package them in single-serving portions and have them ready to heat up whenever you are pressed for time.
- ► 2017 (53)
- ► 2013 (521)
- Funny things Brady says...thank you cards
- We like to get out in all kinds of weather
- Not-Fried Fried potatoes & Day-After-Christmas cas...
- The drought hits home, tough times for the Midwest...
- Being "different" isn't bad...
- Free & easy slide-show greeting cards with Smilebo...
- After the Holidays, back to Spark People
- How you can get free magazines every month
- Wild game cooking: Wild turkey fingers
- Pull-apart bread & Mom's gravy
- Lessons from a child for goodbyes - take photos!
- The Eight Christmases of Brady
- Tortellini Soup & My Mom's Awesome Easy Biscuits
- Amazon trade-ins - get a gift card for your stuff!...
- 4 ways to get kids comfortable in church
- Stock homemade frozen foods for kids
- Funny things Brady says...boss in Spanish
- The Flylady helps get you organized!
- The sweet heart of a child
- 8 reasons why I don't text
- Using Timers with kids
- Wild game cooking: Venison jerky in the oven
- Fish foil packets
- Do It Yourself: picked beets & pickled eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: Tell kids 1,000 + 1 times
- Easy chicken pot pie
- Brady's cool find yesterday in cold weather
- Easiest way to make pasta
- Pesto with olives & mushrooms
- Savings tip: $1 clothes at Walmart
- Getting out of the house - 26 free fun activities!...
- Ebay can teach about math, money & sales
- "This was my idea. Was it a good one?"
- 8 anxiety busters and mood changers
- Buying on Ebay: find your favorite things cheaper!...
- Saying yes to kids and their big ideas
- Cheap homemade pizza!
- Savings tips: cheap easy skin care tips
- Funny Things Brady Says... construction
- For night fears, Mommy Magic Spray
- 1-2-3 Magic discipline for kids
- Why Ebay can work for anyone
- Funny things Brady says ... date night minions
- Busy in a Small Town
- Savings tip: Walgreens perfumes
- ▼ December (45)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...