Earlier in the week I talked about selling on Ebay, how anyone can do it with a variety of items sitting at home. And later this week I want to talk about how you can teach your kids about math and earning money by selling their unwanted items FOR them on Ebay.
But today, I want tell you my experience buying on Ebay. Last year I fell while carrying a heavy computer monitor, bruising my leg and tearing a hole in the knee of my favorite Dana Buchman jeans. My leg healed, the jeans didn't. Sigh.
I'm not much of a shopper. I hate trying on stuff. When I have a favorite, I wear it FOREVER. I can't remember how much I paid for them in the store, but I was able to go on Ebay and find the exact same pair in the same size for $20 shipped. I was ecstatic! Well, just this week a hole tore in the knee of my Old Navy The Flirt jeans, my second favorite pair of jeans that I have worn for years. So I went on Ebay and found the exact same ones for $10 shipped. Yay!
Another time my mother-in-law lost one of her favorite earrings that she'd purchased at Dillards. Our Dillards closed this year. So sure enough, I went online and found her the same pair on Ebay for $16 shipped, much less, she said, than what she'd paid in the store.
Also, I recently purchased a cable to go from my printer to my computer. They are $15 at Walmart or $4 shipped on Ebay. I got a round of car chargers for $4 a piece shipped for myself, my husband, and my in-laws. Sometimes things are less at Walmart, but more often than not, you can find the exact item significantly cheaper on Ebay.
Could save you some money! Or at the very least help you find your favorite pants again :)
- ► 2017 (53)
- ► 2013 (521)
- Funny things Brady says...thank you cards
- We like to get out in all kinds of weather
- Not-Fried Fried potatoes & Day-After-Christmas cas...
- The drought hits home, tough times for the Midwest...
- Being "different" isn't bad...
- Free & easy slide-show greeting cards with Smilebo...
- After the Holidays, back to Spark People
- How you can get free magazines every month
- Wild game cooking: Wild turkey fingers
- Pull-apart bread & Mom's gravy
- Lessons from a child for goodbyes - take photos!
- The Eight Christmases of Brady
- Tortellini Soup & My Mom's Awesome Easy Biscuits
- Amazon trade-ins - get a gift card for your stuff!...
- 4 ways to get kids comfortable in church
- Stock homemade frozen foods for kids
- Funny things Brady says...boss in Spanish
- The Flylady helps get you organized!
- The sweet heart of a child
- 8 reasons why I don't text
- Using Timers with kids
- Wild game cooking: Venison jerky in the oven
- Fish foil packets
- Do It Yourself: picked beets & pickled eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: Tell kids 1,000 + 1 times
- Easy chicken pot pie
- Brady's cool find yesterday in cold weather
- Easiest way to make pasta
- Pesto with olives & mushrooms
- Savings tip: $1 clothes at Walmart
- Getting out of the house - 26 free fun activities!...
- Ebay can teach about math, money & sales
- "This was my idea. Was it a good one?"
- 8 anxiety busters and mood changers
- Buying on Ebay: find your favorite things cheaper!...
- Saying yes to kids and their big ideas
- Cheap homemade pizza!
- Savings tips: cheap easy skin care tips
- Funny Things Brady Says... construction
- For night fears, Mommy Magic Spray
- 1-2-3 Magic discipline for kids
- Why Ebay can work for anyone
- Funny things Brady says ... date night minions
- Busy in a Small Town
- Savings tip: Walgreens perfumes
- ▼ December (45)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...