Thursday, December 19, 2013

Truth Chasers Club: Child Evangelism Fellowship

This post is purely out of my own desire to share a free program Brady and I have enjoyed. I thought others might benefit from it as well.

It's called Truth Chasers Club and we heard about it from our pastor's family.

I love that it is specifically for kids. I think ministering to children about God and Jesus is so very important. My kiddo also participates in the Good News Club here in town, also at our church, which is another ministry by this group.

In the lessons we receive from Truth Chasers, there is a story section and Bible passages which I read to Brady and then an activity/quiz section. Each time we go through one, it leads to wonderfully deep discussions between kiddo and I, which is awesome.

Another cool part is you get a personal note back each time you complete a section. According to our pastor's oldest daughter, Brady's sitter, who volunteered with the group at their headquarters, these are called "huggy notes" and she wrote some herself.

She said she also worked in the mail room, graded papers, added new kids' information to the computer, put new lessons together and prayed over any requests that came in from a child. 

My boy will also earn certificates and awards, and eventually his own Bible. He's very goal-oriented so loves that part.

Here's what their site has to say: 

"The Truth Chasers Club® is an exciting Bible correspondence club designed to disciple children and adults. God has allowed us to reach over 499,000 Truth Chasers since February of 1999! Hundreds of completed lessons are received in the mail daily!   Dedicated volunteers come from all over the nation to help make a difference in children’s lives through the ministry of the Truth Chasers Club."

And:
  • Learn amazing facts about the one true living God!
  • Learn how much God loves and cares for you.
  • Enjoy stories and activities just for your age.
  • Get a response every time you send in a lesson.
  • Earn certificates and awards.
  • It’s free!

    A recent lesson we received.
    The lesson's activity section.
    Brady's official card.


    Our sitter provided this photo of the student gallery at Truth Chasers headquarters. These are letters and pictures sent by the kids doing the lessons.  

13 comments:

  1. What a cool program. I'm so glad Brady likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Missy. I had never heard of it before they mentioned it, but it's been around awhile!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great program. I agree that ministering to children is so, so important. I learned so much about the Bible when I was a kid, and I will always be grateful about that. Happy you're having some quality mom-kid chats too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just learning about the Bible now, alongside my son, and it is an interesting journey :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful ministry! I love that it is helping you to engage in discussion with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! Anything that opens discussion is so good for us :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds great! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing about this program. I am going to look at in greater detail. My oldest goes to Awana. I love those types of programs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Awana from when I was a kid! They don't have one here in town, but hopefully we can find a youth group as he gets older.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tip. I have signed my children up and we look forward to receiving the lessons soon! This is the first time I have heard about this program. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Bloggy Moms, Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. I am so glad to hear that you have signed up too! I think you will enjoy it. Let me know what you think if you get a chance. Merry Christmas to you too and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. Great resource! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Lyli! I hope yours was blessed as well and Happy New Year!

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Popular Posts