A friend of mine gave me a handy tip when I mentioned I had recently bought a bunch of sausage for 99 cents a pound when it was on sale, only to find that my husband and I rarely ate it.
"Cook it up and freeze it," she said.
So I crumbled up the whole pound, cooked it up and put it in a freezer bag, and then take a handful out to sprinkle on homemade pizzas, scrambled eggs, soups or casseroles. Such a great idea. Thanks, Rox!
- ► 2017 (53)
- ► 2013 (521)
- Money Saving Mom post on patience
- Inexpensive glasses at Zenni Optical
- Savings tip: Cook and Freeze sausage
- Zucchini boats
- Kid motivator: The Prize Store
- Savings tip: Retail Me Not
- Country Photo Essay
- Savings tip: Save Your Mesh Bags
- Easy Shepherd's Pie
- Homemade Dry Stuffing and bread crumbs
- Earn money free: From Inbox Dollars
- Free Amazon gift cards: From Swagbucks
- Patience with kids: Wet cement commercial...
- Tasty Turkey Crescent Braid
- Free gift cards: From MyPoints
- Awesome resources: Money Saving Mom, Spark People
- How I Got Here
- Inaugural post: Where I Am Now
- ▼ November (18)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...