Monday, November 4, 2013
My favorite easy salsa recipe
No chips? Just use saltines!
And ever since my college roommate gave me an easy salsa recipe, that has been my go-to method for 20 years. I make it several times a year whether I buy canned tomatoes or use my garden ones. You can make it with yellow or even green tomatoes!
It reminds me of restaurant style.
Roommate Chari's salsa recipe
2 cans whole tomatoes (mostly drained, though I save the liquid and freeze it for soups)
1 can diced green chiles
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp dried cilantro or 40 to 60 fresh cilantro leaves (about a 1/3 to 1/2 a bunch)
1/2 to 2/3 small onion
Salt and pepper to taste
A splash of lemon juice
* If you want spicy, add a fresh jalapeno or a couple Tbsp of jarred, or if you're really adventurous a little bit of habanero.
Blend in blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- Small town Tuesday: unexpected birthday guests
- 5 cool 31-day series: ADHD to wardrobe to husbands...
- The joy of reading & new teaching techniques
- Stuffed bell peppers recipe
- Small town Tuesday: An All Day Halloween!
- Free $10 to Pizza Hut & Bath & Body Works item
- Another wonderful way to cook okra
- Small Town Tuesday: 22 ways you might be a small-t...
- My favorite easy salsa recipe
- What I learned from my spending challenge
- ▼ November (10)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...